guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Enable share Menu
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2018 12:22:53 GMT
On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 4:15 AM Joachim Lindenberg <joachim@lindenberg.one>
wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> how can one enable this with other extensions?
>
> Thanks, Joachim

The SharingProfile and SharedConnection (et al) classes would need to be
implemented in those extensions.  The JDBC extension can be used as a
model, but all of the functionality for Shared Connections that exists in
the JDBC module would have to be implemented in whatever other modules
needed that functionality (LDAP, for example).  This is certainly not a
trivial exercise, though very doable.

It is worth noting that there have been some recent discussions about
moving a lot of the permissions management functionality out of the JDBC
module and into a shared set of code similar to the guacamole-ext part of
the project.  I don't know exactly what code would be included in that
effort at this point, but I would think it would make sense to include the
connection sharing code as part of that to allow that functionality to be
easily implemented across other modules.

-Nick