guacamole-user mailing list archives

From brian mullan <bmullan.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ERROR: Unable to bind socket to any addresses - guacd & target desktop on same server
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2018 19:33:25 GMT
Sorry for the noise Mike... I fat fingered the cmd and didnt catch it

On Sep 6, 2018 3:23 PM, "Mike Jumper" <mike.jumper@glyptodon.org> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 12:16 PM, bmullan <bmullan.mail@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a cloud server running Ubuntu 18.04
>
> On that server I have installed ubuntu-mate desktop, guacamole, tomcat8,
> nginx and xrdp (latest versions of all)
>
> I configured Guacamole for an RDP connection to "localhost" since both
> guacd
> and the mate desktop & xrdp are all co-resident.
>
> From my home machine I can successfully log into the remote mate desktop
>
> However from a terminal on the remote desktop I see the following:
>
> $ *ps -ax | guacd*
> guacd[23990]: INFO:     Guacamole proxy daemon (guacd) version 0.9.14
> started
> *guacd[23990]: ERROR:   Unable to bind socket to any addresses.*

You probably meant to run:

$ ps -ax | grep guacd

You are seeing this error because you are piping the output of "ps -ax" to
a new guacd process, but that new guacd process is refusing to run because
guacd is already running.

bmullan@test-guac:~$ *netstat --tcp --listen --numeric-port*s
> Active Internet connections (only servers)
> Proto Recv-Q   Send-Q         Local Address           Foreign Address
>
> State
>
> *tcp         0              0               localhost:4822
> 0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN  *

Presumably, the process listening on port 4822 (guacd's default port) is
your existing guacd process.

- Mike