guacamole-user mailing list archives

From ivanmarcus <ivanmar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lost Password
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2018 20:14:09 GMT
There has been some good direction you've got from the list.

I can't add much to that but you've not said what distribution you're
running, nor if you've figured out the authentication mechanism etc,
although it would seem it's likely to be using MySQL?

If this were me, assuming you've got root access to the server, and
before going too far I'd have a look at the command history to see if
there is any password detail there; you would also get an idea of what's
been done to the server recently. Usually the command history is
obtainable when logged into the cli as root simply by hitting the 'up
arrow' key, or in some distributions via "less /root/.bash_history". If
you're not logged in as root the command would be "sudo less
/root/.bash_history" for the root history (it will ask for your
password), or simply "less .bash_history" if it's the logged in user's
history you want to check out.

If you were to look through that for a MySQL command such as 'mysql -u
root -p xxxxx' you may discover a useful password to try, there may be
other hints in the history list.

I expect you've also done the obvious by trying the machine that the
previous admin normally used to access the server, to see if there were
any saved passwords etc. Most of us won't allow that but you never know.

Apologies if this is already stuff you've done, however I thought it
could be useful to mention if you've not had a lot to do with Linux.