Thank you for your clarification!

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 2:34 AM, Nick Couchman <vnick@apache.org> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 5:26 AM YOSRA SAADALLAH <yosra.saadallah@enis.tn> wrote:
Hi ,

I'm trying to modify /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/guacamole/app/client/templates/client.html     especially the menu  but it doesn't change !!!
even when i replace <h2>{{client.name}}</h2> with <h2></h2> nothing was changed
( i restarted tomcat7 and guacd and i restarted the pc )

Changing files within the deployed web application in Tomcat is not a reliable way to make changes.  These changes are likely to be overwritten when the WAR file is redeployed, which can happen when Tomcat is restarted.  If you're needing to change part of the Guacamole code, you should do one of two things:
- Write an extension that makes the desired modifications and deploy that extension with the standard Guacamole WAR (http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html#ext-patch-html)
- Change it in source code, recompile the web application, and re-deploy the modified WAR (http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html#building-guacamole-client

Also, make sure to clear your browser's cache when making these changes - HTML files are likely to be cached by the browser and even if the changes are successfully made and deployed, you may not see them for the lifetime of the cache.

The above is correct, but I'd like to additionally point out that unless you (Yosra) intend to manually port your changes to new versions of guacamole-client as upstream changes are made, it is far better to encapsulate your changes in an extension (Nick's first suggestion above). This is why that mechanism exists within the extension system. Manually modifying the source is not generally a maintainable approach to customization.

- Mike