guacamole-user mailing list archives

From ivanmarcus <ivanmar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SSH issue with Ubuntu 18.04 - updated detail - Resolved
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2018 21:02:43 GMT
To follow on from this.

In looking to see if there was an issue with the local mirror I found
that /etc/apt/sources.list contained just the three main repositories,
none for Universe/Multiverse.

Adding these repositories (per
https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/configuration.html.en) meant
that the requisite dependencies for Guacamole became available per
Nick's findings.

I'm not sure why this happened - I've not used 18.04 much as all my
servers are yet to be upgraded from 16.04, so haven't had much
experience with any foibles it may have - but it's possibly something to
do with the initial base install not having internet access. This is by
design in the network I was running it within (although once installed
and the nic configured etc it does have full access); it's not been an
issue with previous versions of Ubuntu, however 18.04 may treat things
differently.

If I find out anything further I'll update this post, although I expect
for most people installing Guacamole this won't be an issue - if there's
going to be some esoteric problem it's usually only me that has it!