guacamole-user mailing list archives

From ivanmarcus <ivanmar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SSH issue with Ubuntu 18.04 - updated detail
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2018 21:54:15 GMT
Further to previous detail I resumed my install testing on a brand-new
Ubuntu 18.04 server.

For me the MysticRyuujin script would not work and it failed, unable to
locate a number of packages.

I then proceeded to build the guacamole-server per chapt 2 of the manual
(Installing Guacamole natively)

Several required and optional packages were unavailable and I needed to
get a .deb package elsewhere to install.

The following is the step-by-step process required (note I was building
for ssh only:

apt-get update

apt-get install libcairo2-dev

apt-get install libjpeg-turbo8-dev

wget
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/330752989/libossp-uuid16_1.6.2-1.5build4_amd64.deb

dpkg -i libossp-uuid16_1.6.2-1.5build4_amd64.deb

wget wget
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/330752983/libossp-uuid-dev_1.6.2-1.5build4_amd64.deb

dpkg -i libossp-uuid-dev_1.6.2-1.5build4_amd64.deb

apt-get install libpango1.0-dev

apt-get install libgcrypt20-dev

wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/319154355/libssh2-1_1.8.0-1_amd64.deb

dpkg -i libssh2-1_1.8.0-1_amd64.deb

wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/319154354/libssh2-1-dev_1.8.0-1_amd64.deb

dpkg -i libssh2-1-dev_1.8.0-1_amd64.deb

apt-get install libssl-dev

 From here obtain the guacamole-server source, untar and ./configure.
This appeared to go through ok and reports that the SSH protocol is
available. I've not gone on to compile from here.

I'm not sure if this helps Nate, but hopefully it may be of some use to
others? If nothing else it'll be a useful record for me when I move my
installation of Guacamole from 16.04 (probably when the 1.0 release is out).