guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@glyptodon.org>
Subject Re: sftp file download issues
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2018 02:11:34 GMT
On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 11:07 PM, y.sun5@uq.edu.au <y.sun5@uq.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im trying to transfer files between host computer and the remote.
> I am using vnc+ssh, and I have enabled sftp file transfer.
>
> Upload files from host to remote desktop works fine, but I'm having trouble
> with downloading files from remote to host.
>
> if I double click the file from guacamole browser in remote desktop, tomcat
> log shows the below message forever, and the file is not downloaded.
>
> DEBUG o.a.g.t.StreamInterceptingTunnel - Intercepting output stream #0 of
> tunnel "b3a20cd3-45c9-40e7-8e3b-a59ec08cd42
>
> however if I download an empty file (0 bytes), the download starts and the
> tomcat log shows "Intercepted output stream ...."
>
> in my apache config I have below settings in <Location /guacamole> tag
> <Location /guacamole>
>         ProxyPass  http://localhost:8080/guacamole
>         ProxyPassReverse http://localhost:8080/guacamole
> </Location>

There is currently a known issue with file transfer / printing when
WebSocket is not available:

You can resolve this by configuring your Apache reverse proxy to support
WebSocket so that Guacamole does not need to fall back to HTTP:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html#websocket-and-apache

Configuring Apache for WebSocket is really something you should do
regardless of the above issue, as WebSocket will have better performance in
terms of input latency. You will see a warning in your Tomcat logs to that
effect whenever HTTP is being used instead of WebSocket.

- Mike