guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: guacamole.apache for windows os
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2018 17:00:56 GMT
On Tue, Aug 28, 2018, 07:37 jaydeepsinh jadeja <jaydeepvjadeja@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

Please don't email multiple lists at the same time.

https://www.apache.org/dev/contrib-email-tips.html#rightlist

> I wish to use guacamole.apache but as I read its document feel that I
> can't make *Guacamole *server on windows operating system.
> Does guacamole.apache work for windows operating system? I want to use
> guacamole server and client both on windows operating system.

No. With the exception of libguac, guacamole-server depends on POSIX
features and behavior not present in Windows. It's conceivable that it
could be ported, but probably not worth the effort given that (1) there is
very little demand for a Windows port and (2) those that do need such a
port can already use a VM or Docker.

Keep in mind also that you do not need to install Guacamole on the desktops
you will be connecting to. Guacamole is a gateway, and the Guacamole server
will happily connect to your Windows machines. It only needs to be
installed on one, centralized server to make that happen.

If you truly use only Windows servers and cannot deploy a Linux server to
host Guacamole, I'd recommend using a VM or Docker to give Guacamole the
platform it needs independent of the server OS.

- Mike