guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie having trouble getting RDP working
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2018 16:27:02 GMT
On Mon, Aug 13, 2018, 09:21 Rhys Ferris <rhys.j.ferris@gmail.com> wrote:

> Last question: can I use md5 encoding on the connection password for a
> connection like I can for the authorize password:
>
> <authorize
>
>                 username="Rhysers"
>
>                 password="<md5 hash>"
>
>                 encoding="md5">
>
> …….

No. Guacamole needs to be able to send the password to the RDP server, thus
needs the password unhashed. If what you describe were possible, that'd be
a pretty big vulnerability in Windows. ;)

If you want to avoid storing the password, as long as you ensure that the
password is the same for the RDP user and the Guacamole user (LDAP auth may
be a good way to achieve this), then you can pass the password through
using parameter tokens:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#parameter-tokens

- Mike