guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Problem starting Guacamole under Tomcat 8
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2018 06:32:25 GMT
On Sat, Aug 4, 2018, 23:26 Henrique Seganfredo <henrique@seganfredo.com>
wrote:

> I did the docker way to speed things up, but I am facing a communication
> error from inside the container to the local mysql I did install for
> metadata.
>
> Acessing http://localhost:8080 /guacamole returns a blank screen, but
> source code is available, it has content related to logged in or logged out
> guacamole users.

The contents of index.html are static. The dynamic aspects of the webapp
are handled via JavaScript and REST requests. It is the failure of one or
more of those requests which is causing the interface to abort and display
nothing.

> Container guacamole is up (I supposed DB communication was fine):
>
> CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                 COMMAND
> CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                    NAMES
> 1e9b92211476        guacamole/guacamole   "/opt/guacamole/bin/…"   2
> minutes ago       Up 2 minutes        0.0.0.0:8080->8080/tcp
> some-guacamole
> 88fa3ae48028        guacamole/guacd       "/usr/local/sbin/gua…"   About
> an hour ago   Up 45 minutes       4822/tcp                 some-guacd

If there are failures in communication with the database, those failures
will only become apparent when trying to use the webapp (log in, etc.). No
attempts are made to communicate with the database until there are user
requests to service.

> Seeing the docker log output I get this:
>
> 06:09:51.658 [http-nio-8080-exec-3] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionWrapper
> - Unexpected internal error:
> ### Error querying database.  Cause:
> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications
> link failure

What address/hostname are you providing to Guacamole for your MySQL server?

- Mike