guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@glyptodon.org>
Subject Re: SSH issue with Ubuntu 18.04 - updated detail
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2018 19:04:16 GMT
guacd uses the system linker to load any libraries. You do not need to
create additional symlinks for Guacamole to be able to find libraries as
long as the libraries are indeed installed. The only exception to this are
plugins for FreeRDP, as FreeRDP looks in different, specific locations for
its plugins.

Based on the conversation so far, if you are still having issues with the
SSH libraries being found:

* If this is occurring during the build, make sure you have the development
headers installed. The configure tests mainly check for these headers, not
the mere presence of the library. The build cannot use an installed library
without the corresponding headers.
* If this is occurring after the build, and you're sure the build was
successful for the protocols in question, make sure what is installed
matches what you expect you've built. There was some mention earlier of
restoring a backup from a .tar.gz archive. If that backup contained
binaries from an older build of guacamole-server, those binaries may be
linked against different libraries than those actually present on the
system. Running "ldd" on libguac-client-ssh.so (or whichever protocol is
not being found) may help check this.

Overall, you shouldn't need to manually download and install packages for
the guacamole-server build; those packages are definitely in the Ubuntu
repositories. If your package manager is not finding those packages, seek
to determine why, as they are definitely present. All you should need to do
is install the required dependencies via the package manager, install any
desired optional dependencies (again via the package manager), and finally
build guacamole-server just like you would any other source archive. The
process involved (install dependencies, ./configure, make, make install,
ldconfig) is pretty standard across open source projects which are written
in C.

- Mike

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 11:23 AM, Nate Evans <nate479@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Mike thank you for your help, I was wondering what symlinks did you
> create? I'm thinking that's my problem, the libraries are there but
> guacamole can't find them.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 5:03 PM Mike Jumper <mike.jumper@glyptodon.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 1:58 PM, ivanmarcus <ivanmarcus@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Sigh, I always seem to find the answer just after sending an email
>>> saying it won't work!
>>>
>>> Just installed libssh2-1-dev (from http://security.ubuntu.com/
>>> ubuntu/pool/universe/libs/libssh2/libssh2-1-dev_1.8.0-1_amd64.deb), and
>>> libpango1.0-dev (native), and it now compiles with ssh/ssh. This is with
>>> some symbolic links in place so whether it'd work without I'm not sure at
>>> this stage.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately I need to do some work right now but if it's useful I'll
>>> have another go with a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 tomorrow, and confirm what's
>>> needed from scratch with locations for downloading required packages as
>>> needed.
>>>
>>> FWIW this is what I obtained externally and installed to date:
>>>
>>> https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.2g.tar.gz
>>> http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/pool/main/h/harfbuzz/
>>> libharfbuzz-dev_1.4.2-1_amd64.deb
>>> http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/pango1.0/
>>> libpangoft2-1.0-0_1.40.5-1_amd64.deb
>>> http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/pango1.0/
>>> libpangocairo-1.0-0_1.40.5-1_amd64.deb
>>> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/o/ossp-
>>> uuid/libossp-uuid16_1.6.2-1.5build4_amd64.deb
>>> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/o/ossp-
>>> uuid/libossp-uuid-dev_1.6.2-1.5build4_amd64.deb
>>> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/libs/