guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@glyptodon.org>
Subject Re: SSH issue with Ubuntu 18.04 - updated detail
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2018 21:02:34 GMT
On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 1:58 PM, ivanmarcus <ivanmarcus@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sigh, I always seem to find the answer just after sending an email saying
> it won't work!
>
> Just installed libssh2-1-dev (from http://security.ubuntu.com/
> ubuntu/pool/universe/libs/libssh2/libssh2-1-dev_1.8.0-1_amd64.deb), and
> libpango1.0-dev (native), and it now compiles with ssh/ssh. This is with
> some symbolic links in place so whether it'd work without I'm not sure at
> this stage.
>
> Unfortunately I need to do some work right now but if it's useful I'll
> have another go with a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 tomorrow, and confirm what's
> needed from scratch with locations for downloading required packages as
> needed.
>
> FWIW this is what I obtained externally and installed to date:
>
> https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.2g.tar.gz
> http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/pool/main/h/harfbuzz/
> libharfbuzz-dev_1.4.2-1_amd64.deb
> http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/pango1.0/
> libpangoft2-1.0-0_1.40.5-1_amd64.deb
> http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/pango1.0/
> libpangocairo-1.0-0_1.40.5-1_amd64.deb
> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/o/ossp-
> uuid/libossp-uuid16_1.6.2-1.5build4_amd64.deb
> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/o/ossp-
> uuid/libossp-uuid-dev_1.6.2-1.5build4_amd64.deb
> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/libs/
> libssh2/libssh2-1_1.8.0-1_amd64.deb
>
> Not all may be necessary(?)

The packages required for the build, as well as all optional packages for
the various supported protocols, are all documented in the manual:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html#required-dependencies
http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html#optional-dependencies

You shouldn't need to download the packages manually. They're all in the
Ubuntu repositories.

- Mike