guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@glyptodon.org>
Subject Re: SSH issue with Ubuntu 18.04 - updated detail
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2018 21:00:37 GMT
On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 7:19 PM, ivanmarcus <ivanmarcus@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Apolgies for the brevity of my previous info - my email system is somewhat
> remote from the server instance and copy+paste wasn't working for some
> reason... I've now reversed my location; here's some more detail:
>
> Firstly check the required packages for SSH are installed:
>
> dpkg -l | grep -i pango
> ii  libpango-1.0-0:amd64                  1.40.14-1
> amd64        Layout and rendering of internationalized text

To build things against this library from source, such as guacamole-server,
you need the -dev package. See the packages listed in the documentation
covering the build:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html

If you have the dev package installed you should see:

dpkg -l | grep -i libpango
ii  libpango-1.0-0:amd64               1.40.14-1
amd64        Layout and rendering of internationalized text
ii  libpango1.0-dev                    1.40.14-1
amd64        Development files for the Pango

dpkg -l | grep -i openssl
> ii  libcurl4:amd64                        7.58.0-2ubuntu3.2
> amd64        easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library (OpenSSL flavour)
> ii  libxmlsec1-openssl:amd64              1.2.25-1build1
> amd64        Openssl engine for the XML security library
> ii  openssl                               1.1.0g-2ubuntu4.1
> amd64        Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - cryptographic utility
> ii  python3-openssl                       17.5.0-1ubuntu1
> all          Python 3 wrapper around the OpenSSL library
> ii  python3-service-identity              16.0.0-2
> all          Service identity verification for pyOpenSSL (Python 3 module)

Same here. The requirement in guacamole-server's case is libssl, the dev
package for which is "libssl-dev".

> dpkg -l | grep -i libssh
> ii  libssh2-1:amd64                       1.8.0-1
> amd64        SSH2 client-side library

Same here. If you have the dev package installed, you should see:

dpkg -l | grep -i libssh
ii  libssh2-1:amd64                1.8.0-1
amd64        SSH2 client-side library
ii  libssh2-1-dev:amd64            1.8.0-1
amd64        SSH2 client-side library (development headers)

- Mike