guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using HTTPS with apache leads to 500:internal error
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2018 14:15:56 GMT
On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 3:50 AM wouterve <woutervaneenoo@avr.be> wrote:

> Thanks, It turned out it could not load the necessary resources (eg java
> scripts).
>
> I needed to add proxy for location / to tomcat server.
> My <virtualhost *:443> now looks something like this:

It depends on where you've deployed Guacamole (how you named the WAR file),
but if you've deployed Guacamole as "guacamole.war" and are using the
/guacamole/ URL, proxying the / location should *not* be required.  Also,
the error 500 would not be the result of missing a Location directive for
proxying - if that were the cause you'd see Error 404 for being unable to
locate the required resource.  Something else is/was wrong, and I doubt it
has anything to do with having the Location / block in your config.

> > <Location />
> >     Order allow,deny
> >     Allow from all
> >     ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/ flushpackets=on
> >     ProxyPassReverse http://localhost:8080/
> > </location>
> >
> > <Location /guacamole/>
> >     Order allow,deny
> >     Allow from all
> >     ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/guacamole/ flushpackets=on
> >     ProxyPassReverse http://localhost:8080/guacamole/
> > </Location>
> >
> > <Location /guacamole/websocket-tunnel>
> >     Order allow,deny
> >     Allow from all
> >     ProxyPass ws://localhost:8080/guacamole/websocket-tunnel
> >     ProxyPassReverse ws://localhost:8080/guacamole/websocket-tunnel
> > </Location>
> >
> > </VirtualHost>
>
> Not sure whether the option 'flushpackets = on' is necessary but in this
> configuration it is working so guess I'll leave it that way.

Yes, it is, particularly for the tunnel portion.  This is explained in the
manual:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html

-Nick