guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ${GUAC_CLIENT_HOSTNAME} expansion in
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2018 12:33:00 GMT
On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 6:33 AM Liv Pet <livpet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to record sessions using custom filenames. I configured
> recording-name (SCREEN RECORDING) via web interface like that:
> myhost-${GUAC_USERNAME}@${GUAC_CLIENT_HOSTNAME} and the recorded file has
> that name: myhost-user@0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1.1 . Please, if anyone knows, tell
> me
> how I can solve the correct expansion of $ {GUAC_CLIENT_HOSTNAME} in name
> or
> IP.
> Thank you.

Two things to look at, here:
- First, if you're using a proxy in front of Apache Tomcat (or JBOSS,
Jetty, etc.) you need to make sure you have properly configured it to pass
through the remote host/address headers.  Otherwise you'll end up with what
you see, here, which is the IPv6 representation of the "localhost"
address.  Look at the manual page regarding proxying and make sure you have
the headers passed through correctly:
http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html.  Also, you
might need to adjust Tomcat's configuration with the "remoteIpValve" to
allow those IP addresses to be passed through.
- Also, there was a JIRA issue raised dealing with making the handling of
the remoteHost/remoteAddress processing more consistent in Guacamole:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-540.  The changes from that
issue are in the Git repo and are scheduled to be released with version
1.0.0.

-Nick