guacamole-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CAS Authentication problem
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2018 18:06:22 GMT
On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 12:25 PM Poteat, William D. <wpoteat@mitre.org>
wrote:

> *What version of Guacamole are you using?  Are all of your extensions the
> same version?*
>
>
>
> Using version Guacamole 0.9.14
>
> /etc/guacamole/extensions/guacamole-auth-cas-0.9.14                 is my
> only extension
>
>
>
>
If this is your only extension, then this is at least part of the problem.
You need to also have the JDBC extension present in here so that the two
extensions can be layered, and the authentication from CAS will match up
with the username in the JDBC module.  Make sure both the CAS extension and
the JDBC extension are in this folder.


>
>
> *So you have a guacadmin user that logs into CAS?  When you created the
> JDBC portion, did you import both of the SQL schema files - there are two,
> one for the base schema, and one for configuring the guacadmin account.
> Can you verify that you imported both when creating the database?*
>
>
>
> I used an install script from SourceForge.net.  Is that a problem ?
>

Quite possibly.  Whatever script this is seems to be quite popular, and it
isn't associated with the Guacamole project.  I'm not knocking the script,
I've just never used it, don't know much about it, and can't support it.


> So I did not explicitly import the SQL schema files.
>
> But do have the following:
>
>
>
> # ls  /usr/local/src/guacamole/0.9.14/extension/mysql/schema
>
> 001-create-schema.sql  002-create-admin-user.sql
>
>
>
> # ls /usr/local/src/guacamole/0.9.14/extension/sqlserver/schema
>
> 001-create-schema.sql  002-create-admin-user.sql
>
>
>
> Also have many JDBC4*.java  and  JDBC42*.java files  in
>
>
> /usr/local/src/guacamole/0.9.14/mysql-connector-java-5.1.44/src/com/mysql/fabric/jdbc/
>
>
>


This is all good, just make sure you have both extensions installed and
that they're both getting loaded.  I'm not sure what all the script does,
but those two schema files have to actually be loaded into the Guacamole
database that gets created, else it won't work.

-Nick

>

Mime
View raw message