guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Henrique Seganfredo <henri...@seganfredo.com>
Subject Re: Problem starting Guacamole under Tomcat 8
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2018 05:36:18 GMT
Problem solved. Some inputs on my progress since then, with important tips:

1) mysql IP binding was corrected. File /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysql.cnf
was the right one. bind-address set to 0.0.0.0 (which means any interface).
mysql sql does not support multiple ip adresses to bind to and data could
come from localhost (as a mysql admin tool) or from the guacamole
container.

2) Ctrl-Alt-Shift combination for menu access is a must if you do not want
to erase faulty connections directly on the mysql tables.

3) A bad default connection setting may upset new users that are not aware
of tip #2 since will be stuck at some blank or looping connecting screen
(see #4).

4) Left GUACD parameters empty for each new connection created on the web
interface. The only way to make it work. Using the guacd dockered-ip
(172.17.0.2) gave refused connections, even with disabled firewall (ufw)
and returning ok from a cat /dev/tcp/127.17.0.2/4822. Guess the linking
between the guacamole and guacd containers has some trickery - I am not up
to go deep into docker networking.

5) Used docker run --restart-always to make the guacd and guacamole
containers cycle during host reboots. Docker itself already set as a
service.

6) Guacamole container as run with MYSQL_HOSTNAME equal to the real host IP
and the the dockered one (172.17.0.1).

7) Shared clipboard support seems buggy. Best behavior was under Internet
Explorer.

Todo:
1) Will look https over tomcat. All plain tcp even for logon is terrible.
2) Configure vncserver to act as a service.

Thanks for the feedback, hope someone save time from this tips in the
future.

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 4:38 AM, Henrique Seganfredo <henrique@seganfredo.com