guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Henrique Seganfredo <henri...@seganfredo.com>
Subject Re: Problem starting Guacamole under Tomcat 8
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2018 06:26:19 GMT
I did the docker way to speed things up, but I am facing a communication
error from inside the container to the local mysql I did install for
metadata.

Acessing http://localhost:8080 /guacamole returns a blank screen, but
source code is available, it has content related to logged in or logged out
guacamole users.

Container guacamole is up (I supposed DB communication was fine):

CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                 COMMAND
CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                    NAMES
1e9b92211476        guacamole/guacamole   "/opt/guacamole/bin/…"   2
minutes ago       Up 2 minutes        0.0.0.0:8080->8080/tcp
some-guacamole
88fa3ae48028        guacamole/guacd       "/usr/local/sbin/gua…"   About an
hour ago   Up 45 minutes       4822/tcp                 some-guacd

Seeing the docker log output I get this:

06:09:51.658 [http-nio-8080-exec-3] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionWrapper -
Unexpected internal error:
### Error querying database.  Cause:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications
link failure

05-Aug-2018 06:09:51.663 SEVERE [http-nio-8080-exec-3] null.null Mapped
exception to response: 500 (Internal Server Error)
The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The
driver has not received any packets from the se
 org.apache.guacamole.rest.APIException
rver.
    at
org.apache.guacamole.rest.RESTExceptionWrapper.invoke(RESTExceptionWrapper.java:202)
### The error may exist in
org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/user/UserMapper.xml
    at
    at
### The error may involve
org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.user.UserMapper.selectOne
    at
com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60)
### The error occurred while executing a query
    at
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider$TypeOutInvoker._dispatch(AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider.java:185)
    at
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.dispatch(ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.java:75)
### Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException:
Communications link failure
    at
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.HttpMethodRule.accept(HttpMethodRule.java:302)

    at
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.ResourceClassRule.accept(ResourceClassRule.java:108)
    at
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RightHandPathRule.accept(RightHandPathRule.java:147)
    at
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RootResourceClassesRule.accept(RootResourceClassesRule.java:84)
The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The
driver has not received any packets from the se
rver.

I did enable explicitly the 3306 on the firewall (ufw allow 22), No change.

My command line to start the containers:

sudo docker run --name some-guacamole --link some-guacd:guacd -e
MYSQL_HOSTNAME=localhost -e MYSQL_DATABASE=guacamole_db -e
MYSQL_USER=guacamole_user -e MYSQL_PASSWORD=******* -d -p 8080:8080
guacamole/guacamole

MYSQLs Port 3306 is up, but somehow is not reachable from the
some-guacamole container when it renders the login screen??