guacamole-user mailing list archives

From "Duarte, Alexander A" <ale...@udel.edu>
Subject RE: Uniquemember default instead of Member default 389-DS
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2018 13:29:19 GMT
Nick,

Looks like according to Jira you finished the work on this and it will be implemented in V1.0.1,
is there any way to implement the changes on 0.9.14? If not I will just wait but I figured
it was worth asking !

Thanks!

Regards,

Alex Duarte

From: Nick Couchman <vnick@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2018 6:31 AM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: Uniquemember default instead of Member default 389-DS

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 6:00 PM Duarte, Alexander A <alexdu@udel.edu<mailto:alexdu@udel.edu>>
wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I have guacamole running just fine on Fedora 29 with the LDAP extension working well. My only
issue is that we use 389-DS for LDAP not OpenLDAP. It seems that by default Guacamole is looking
for the Member attribute within any group that is part of the guacconfiggroup. By default
389-DS creates a MemberOf attribute (via plugin) which just has a user’s username, and a
uniquemember field which seems that this is the equivalent of the Member field for OpenLDAP.
Would there be any way to have guac look for the uniquemember field instead of the Member
field? The value for the attribute is the same starting with uid=. Right now I have to add
users as members of this group and then open the advanced tab and copy and paste the UID to
a Member attribute that I have to create for each group. I would like to make it where simply
adding someone to the group gives them access to the connection.

Thanks a million for any feedback you can provide!

Currently you would have to modify both the Guacamole schema that is applied to the LDAP tree
and the source code of the LDAP module in order to make this happen.  You're welcome to open
a feature request in JIRA to add support for making this configurable:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GUACAMOLE

-Nick