guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Cathy Huang <lu_hua...@163.com>
Subject Re: Scaling strategy for RDP on Retina and other 2x screen
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2018 03:43:29 GMT
Thank you, Mike.

What I mentioned as the "official demo" is installed by this script:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/guacamoleinstallscript/.
It installs guacd which I used to build my own app. It also automatically
builds an app based on Java and Angularjs, which is the "official demo" I
mentioned above. Here's the screenshot.

Those two apps are based on the same guacd but different guacamole-common
and server implementation.

I debugged the guacamole-lite. When I set dpi 2 * 96, it did connect to the
guacd with code:`4.2560,4.1452,3.192, which are equal to `window.innerWidth
* window.devicePixelRatio`, `window.innerHeight * window.devicePixelRatio`,
and `window.devicePixelRatio * 96`. So the DPI value is being correctly
forwarded through the tunnel to guacd during the initial connection.

And things become tiny is due to scaling the overlarge display. If I don't
scale, things can be clearly discerned but the display will go beyond the
viewport.

I'm still wondering why the "official demo" sent back an image with a size
that's neither `window.innerWidth * window.devicePixelRatio` nor
`window.innerWidth`. If I know the reason, maybe I can change my code to
implement the same effect.