guacamole-user mailing list archives

From "Joachim Lindenberg" <joac...@lindenberg.one>
Subject starting a specific connection via URL?
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2018 07:19:10 GMT
Hello,

I am wondering what is the best way to start a connection (with parameters
made available from my own authentication extension, but could be any) from
another web application. I am aware of the following approaches:

*       I can pass username & password via the URL, however I don´t know how
to pass the connection identifier or whether that is available to my
authentication extension). More important, I dislike the fact that username
and password are shown by the browser in the url, visible to anyone looking
at the screen.

*       There is an extension https://github.com/grncdr/guacamole-auth-hmac
that probably does something similar, but the code is unmaintained and I
don´t know whether it works with 0.9.14+.

*       I can generate a one-time-token in my web application, retrieve the
token from the URL in my authentication extension, use it to identify user
and connection, return just that one connection to Guacamole, and rely on
the convention that Guacamole starts the connection automatically if there
is just one. Not sure what life-time the token will need – e.g. will refresh
work if the token is no longer valid?

Any options I miss out? Any obstacles I haven´t seen?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Joachim