guacamole-user mailing list archives

From "Joachim Lindenberg" <joac...@lindenberg.one>
Subject AW: Slow connection to hyper-v guest via Preconntion PDU (Enhanced Session Available?
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2018 17:09:07 GMT
Hi Sidney,
> - Is there a way to let Guacamole to use Enhanced Session as the
Hypervisor itself is able to do?
I investigated this some time ago and discovered
https://twitter.com/awakecoding/status/422447419771465728.
Which tells me one has to pass the preconnection-blob as
"6fcf01b7-b29e-43a0-9556-f7e0c77a226e;EnhancedMode=1". Actually I sent this
information to this mailing list in March..
In the meantime I can tell that availability of Enhanced Session Mode
depends on the Guest OS status. Usually it is not available during startup
or shutdown. If your systems are always on, then probably not a big issue.
In my extension I tried to disconnect and reconnect when I detect
availability, but this is not without error message shown to the end user. I
have not yet tried FailoverGuacamoleSocket. Actually it would probably be
best to address this in FreeRDP but no clue whether that is feasable. Maybe
one of the gurus can comment..
Joachim