guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RE: Adding widget in guacamole
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2018 18:48:49 GMT
On 2018/06/19 10:15:16, "Asbern" <asbern.a@trainocate.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks for your response,
>
> As per your guidelines and the document you suggested we have created a new extension
file and also placed .jar file in GUACAMOLE_HOME (usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/extensions)
but we don’t see any difference in Login page, we did check the logs to the extension is
not loaded

If you look at the Tomcat logs, you will see an error message from Guacamole like:

"Extension "generic-customize-extension.jar" could not be loaded: Extension generic-customize-extension.jar
is missing guac-manifest.json"

This is because your extension has its "guac-manifest.json" nested within a directory. This
is not the format used by Guacamole extensions. The "guac-manifest.json" should be at the
root level of the .jar. See:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html#ext-file-format

Your "guac-manifest.json" is also invalid JSON. If you correct the extension such that is
has the correct structure as documented above, you will see a new error in your Tomcat logs
after Tomcat is restarted:

"Extension "generic-customize-extension.jar" could not be loaded: guac-manifest.json is not
valid JSON: generic-customize-extension.jar"

This is due to the trailing comma at the end of the body of the main object within the JSON.

> FYI, I have attached the .jar file, kindly takes a look into it.

Going forward, if you want to post a .jar file, it would be better to host that .jar elsewhere
and link to it within your email. In my case, the email was blocked due to the .jar attachment.
I'm probably not the only one.

- Mike