guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guacmaole Pre-built WAR VS Client
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2018 06:09:48 GMT
On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 10:08 PM, Asbern <asbern.a@trainocate.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have a doubt, if I installed guacamole using pre-built version
> guacamole-0.9.13-incubating.war
> <http://apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?action=download&filename=guacamole/0.9.13-incubating/binary/guacamole-0.9.13-incubating.war>
> and I need to  add any new extension or modify existing html in that case
> can do it in same package or need to redeploy new guacamole-client-0.9.13-
> incubating.tar.gz
> <http://apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?action=download&filename=guacamole/0.9.13-incubating/source/guacamole-client-0.9.13-incubating.tar.gz>
> from scratch?

When you deploy Guacamole, you deploy the .war file. Whether you download
that .war file in pre-built form or build it yourself from source (the
.tar.gz) makes no difference. It is the same application. You do not need
to build Guacamole from source to create or to install extensions. That is
part of the point of extensions.

I was aware, a new extension can create only if it has guac-manifest.json
> file but in pre built package it don’t have that file, so it has any
> alternate method?

As discussed in your other thread [1], the "guac-manifest.json" file is a
file that needs to be part of your extension. It should be within your
extension's .jar file. It is *not* a part of the web application. Guacamole
will read the "guac-manifest.json" file from within your extension's .jar
file during startup.

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html#ext-file-format

- Mike

[1]