guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Uniquemember default instead of Member default 389-DS
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2018 10:30:35 GMT
On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 6:00 PM Duarte, Alexander A <alexdu@udel.edu> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>

> I have guacamole running just fine on Fedora 29 with the LDAP extension
> working well. My only issue is that we use 389-DS for LDAP not OpenLDAP. It
> seems that by default Guacamole is looking for the Member attribute within
> any group that is part of the guacconfiggroup. By default 389-DS creates a
> MemberOf attribute (via plugin) which just has a user’s username, and a
> uniquemember field which seems that this is the equivalent of the Member
> field for OpenLDAP. Would there be any way to have guac look for the
> uniquemember field instead of the Member field? The value for the attribute
> is the same starting with uid=. Right now I have to add users as members of
> this group and then open the advanced tab and copy and paste the UID to a
> Member attribute that I have to create for each group. I would like to make
> it where simply adding someone to the group gives them access to the
> connection.
>

> Thanks a million for any feedback you can provide!

Currently you would have to modify both the Guacamole schema that is
applied to the LDAP tree and the source code of the LDAP module in order to
make this happen.  You're welcome to open a feature request in JIRA to add
support for making this configurable:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GUACAMOLE

-Nick