guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guacamole and multi-monitor support?
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2018 15:52:58 GMT
On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 5:33 AM Martin Ciglan <m.ciglan@sino.sk> wrote:

> Thank you.
>
> Is there any pre-estimation (imagination), how much work this would be for
> dev?

It's kind of hard to say, although I think it would probably be pretty
involved.  Here's what I would imagine would be involved in it:
- Making sure that there is support throughout the browsers for
multi-monitor access and figuring out how to make that work consistently.
- The Guacamole protocol would probably have to be modified to support
multiple canvases and handle those in an object or associative array rather
than just the single canvas it currently supports.
- Each of the protocols in guacd would have to be modified to handle more
than one canvas and pass that information on to the connection.  RDP would
probably support it pretty easily, while some of the others may not support
it at all.

As far as the Guacamole developers go, I probably know the least about the
internals of the protocol, so I may be wrong about some of this, but that's
just my guess.  If the Guacamole protocol does end up getting modified that
makes it a pretty deep change and probably means a decent level of effort.

-Nick