guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xterm crashes gnome-shell
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2018 15:12:16 GMT
On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 6:56 PM Stefan M. Radman <smr@kmi.com> wrote:

> Hi Nick
>
> First, gnome-shell crashes (you notice by the desktop going black and the
> window decorations disappearing) but ultimately the whole xrdp/Xvnc session
> dies (Guacamole asks me if I want to logout or reconnect).
> Sometimes it takes a little bit longer and I can still interact with
> window contents while the window manager is long gone but in the end it
> just dies on me.
>
> There are lots of [abrt] emails and they contain stack traces.
> See the last one further below. The previous ones look pretty much the
> same.
>
> I've never run xrdp/Xvnc or gnome-shell under gdb or strace but if you
> have a hint for me on how to do this I'll give it a try.
>
> Thanks
> Stefan

Stefan,
Sorry for the delay in responding, here.  It sounds like the most likely
cause is some difference between how guacd is establishing the VNC
connection and the other VNC clients.  Not sure if it's a quality,
encoding, etc., sort of thing, but that's my best guess.  Any chance you
can try different settings for the non-Guacamole VNC client and see if
you're able to reproduce it at all with that - things like color depth,
encoding, quality, etc.?  Also might want to play with the settings in
Guacamole that you can adjust and see if any adjustments to that resolve
the issue.

-Nick