guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Web login form
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2018 10:36:15 GMT
On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 10:01 AM Kallen Petr <petr@kallen.cz> wrote:

> Hello.
> We need to logon to our servers after entering the ip address of server,
> username, password and protocol (RDP, VNC, SSH) directly. Every users know
> their username and password. We don’t need any authentication plugin such
> as MySQL or LDAP.
>
> Idea…
> I enter the address https://guacamole.my-domain.com in to the web browser
> and a form appears where I enter the IP address of the server, the username
> and password, I choose the protocol (RDP or VNC or SSH) and click. login or
> connect.
>
> Is it possible or howto do it ?

There are two things you could consider:
- Do enable authentication, either via LDAP or MySQL (or both), and use
tokens to pre-fill the username/password fields with the values for the
currently logged-in user.  This works particularly well when you have a
large Windows environment where you authenticate Guacamole against AD and
then establish RDP connections to domain members, or where you have a large
Linux environment that is authenticating against LDAP and you also have
Guacamole authentication against that same LDAP server.  More information
on tokens can be found, here:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#parameter-tokens

- There is a "QuickConnect" module that will be released in 1.0.0 that
provides a connection bar that users can enter their own connection
information.  Once 1.0.0 is released (or if you want to check out the code
on github and build it yourself) you can take a look at that and see if it
works for you.

-Nick