guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Sebastien Bilodeau <dent...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Guacamole in fullscreen Kiosk mode?
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2018 13:35:44 GMT
 We've done it, and I can confirm it's a lot of work!

I'll share a few tricks:
1- In order to lock down your server, without locking out the
administrator, you want to do this:
- Create 2 administrator accounts, and 1 user account
- For Admin2, create a shortcut on the desktop, to manage GPOs
- For Admin1, keep it out of GPOs by setting Deny Read & Execute on
C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy

This has 2 results: Admin1 is unaffected by the restrictions applied
through GPOs, and Admin1 cannot manage GPOs anymore. Hence the Admin2 user
created beforehand.

2- Turn off and disable as much as you can, in GPOs. No Help, no
accessibility features, no control panel, etc.

3- Set your logon script to run two things. First the application you want.
For us, it's IE in kiosk mode. Then, we have the script run AutoHotKey and
remap about 500 shortcuts to "nothing", in order to disable them.

Good luck!