guacamole-user mailing list archives

From "Duarte, Alexander A" <ale...@udel.edu>
Subject Uniquemember default instead of Member default 389-DS
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2018 22:00:31 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I have guacamole running just fine on Fedora 29 with the LDAP extension working well. My only
issue is that we use 389-DS for LDAP not OpenLDAP. It seems that by default Guacamole is looking
for the Member attribute within any group that is part of the guacconfiggroup. By default
389-DS creates a MemberOf attribute (via plugin) which just has a user's username, and a uniquemember
field which seems that this is the equivalent of the Member field for OpenLDAP. Would there
be any way to have guac look for the uniquemember field instead of the Member field? The value
for the attribute is the same starting with uid=. Right now I have to add users as members
of this group and then open the advanced tab and copy and paste the UID to a Member attribute
that I have to create for each group. I would like to make it where simply adding someone
to the group gives them access to the connection.

Thanks a million for any feedback you can provide!

Regards,

Alex