guacamole-user mailing list archives

From "Asbern" <asber...@trainocate.com>
Subject RE: Guacmaole Pre-built WAR VS Client
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2018 12:07:12 GMT
Hi,

I have used your extension and added html into that based on https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html#ext-patch-html,
but without html the extension is working fine, when I add html its not getting reflected.

https://github.com/sanjay186/Extension, I have uploaded the .jar file, please let me know
if I had missed something. Thanks

Best Regards,
A. Asbern

From: Mike Jumper [mailto:mjumper@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 11:40 AM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: Guacmaole Pre-built WAR VS Client

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 10:08 PM, Asbern <asbern.a@trainocate.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have a doubt, if I installed guacamole using pre-built version  <http://apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?action=download&filename=guacamole/0.9.13-incubating/binary/guacamole-0.9.13-incubating.war>
guacamole-0.9.13-incubating.war and I need to  add any new extension or modify existing html
in that case can do it in same package or need to redeploy new  <http://apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?action=download&filename=guacamole/0.9.13-incubating/source/guacamole-client-0.9.13-incubating.tar.gz>
guacamole-client-0.9.13-incubating.tar.gz from scratch?

When you deploy Guacamole, you deploy the .war file. Whether you download that .war file in
pre-built form or build it yourself from source (the .tar.gz) makes no difference. It is the
same application. You do not need to build Guacamole from source to create or to install extensions.
That is part of the point of extensions.

I was aware, a new extension can create only if it has guac-manifest.json file but in pre
built package it don’t have that file, so it has any alternate method?

As discussed in your other thread [1], the "guac-manifest.json" file is a file that needs
to be part of your extension. It should be within your extension's .jar file. It is *not*
a part of the web application. Guacamole will read the "guac-manifest.json" file from within
your extension's .jar file during startup.

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html#ext-file-format

- Mike

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/550440a119903f939c15e32590a81b59dbab17c40dea61557848b9b8@%3Cuser.guacamole.apache.org%3E