On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:55 PM robertkwild <robertkwild@gmail.com> wrote:
ok i have succesfully done it via this command instead cutting out the acl
network stuff -

load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-anonymous=1

now on the guacamole server when i click the connection it works

but when i connect via vnc client ie realvnc it doesnt work so how can i get
the vnc client to get the audio

I kind of doubt it'll work with just the straight VNC Client - the VNC client would have to support audio, itself, and I don't know that any of them do.  In Guacamole, this is all handled by guacd - guacd makes the VNC connection, and then it makes a separate PulseAudio connection, and encapsulates all of it in the Guacamole protocol stream.  So, as soon as the VNC + PulseAudio connection hits guacd, it's no longer VNC + PulseAudio, it's Guacamole.  The VNC client would have to do exactly the same thing that guacd is doing - that is, it would need to make both the VNC connection *and* the PulseAudio connection in order to provide the audio.  Perhaps one of the VNC clients does that, I'm not sure - I haven't used them in a long time - but I kind of doubt it.

The one option you do have with something like VNCViewer is to run the PulseAudio system as a client on the same system that's running the VNCViewer software, and make the network connection to the VNCServer's PulseAudio port.  Guacamole abstracts these details from you, for the most part - that is, with Guacamole, you're not required to manually establish separate connections for both VNC and Pulse - guacd does it all for you.  If you're using VNCViewer, though, you'll have to do it manually.

-Nick