guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Adding widget in guacamole
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2018 07:21:39 GMT
On Tue, Jun 5, 2018, 00:12 Asbern <asbern.a@trainocate.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Thanks for your response, we still have some things to be clarified
>

> We are using the pre built versions of the web
> application(guacamole-0.9.13-incubating.war) to build the guacamole. When
> we  extract this war file, we could not find the file as guac-manifest.json.

guac-manifest.json is not part of the web application. It is a file which
is part of the extension you will need to write to patch the HTML as you
describe. It is documented in the extension format:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html#ext-file-format

We are not using any extensions, as we are using the pre built version of
> web application(.war),

The mechanism provided by Guacamole (which is the .war) to achieve what you
ask *is* the extension system.

Pl tell us how we can make modification to the html page, if we use the
> (.war) implementation

Write a minimal extension which includes the patch HTML that you wish to
apply as documented above. Install that extension as you would any other
Guacamole extension.

There is no ".war implementation" which is distinct from what is being
recommended here. The extension system is a feature of the Guacamole web
application, and that web application is packaged as a .war file, but the
fact that the application is packaged as a .war has no bearing on how the
HTML is patched at run-time, which is through extensions as described above.

- Mike