guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: adding audio support for vnc connections
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2018 19:53:30 GMT
On Thu, Jun 14, 2018, 12:47 robertkwild <robertkwild@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i have established a connection to my vnc machine but i have no audio from
> it when listening to youtube etc
>
> i have install pulseaudio-libs-devel on my centos 7 server
>
> any ideas?

Audio is not provided by VNC natively. Guacamole supports audio for VNC
using a secondary connection to PulseAudio, which you will need to
configure for the VNC connection in question:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#vnc-audio

Just having the support built into guacamole-server isn't sufficient; you
need to configure the machine running the VNC server to additionally accept
network PulseAudio connections, and configure the Guacamole connection to
use both VNC and PulseAudio.

- Mike