guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP GuacD Proxy Parameter Names
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2018 10:13:01 GMT
On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 7:31 PM Alder, Steve <Steve_Alder@csx.com> wrote:

> Have everything working as I would like, LDAP/AD based connections,
> authentication, etc.  But I cannot seem to find the right syntax to add a
> proxy hostname and port to a SSH connection so the servlet will know which
> Guacd to use to make the connection.  Works if I create the connection in
> MariaDB.
>

> I checked the archives, the forums, the docs, Google, etc.  Tried
> proxy-hostname, proxy, proxy_hostname, etc.  No joy.
>

> I am looking for the names for the proxy hostname and port attribute
> parameters in LDAP.  Has anyone done this?

Unfortunately this does not work with the LDAP extension.  The
proxy_hostname parameter is actually not a connection parameter - it's
defined strictly in the JDBC module as a connection attribute, and is
limited to that module (as far as I can tell).

I'm not sure off the top of my head how feasible it would be to add it to
the LDAP module - you're welcome to put in a JIRA ticket to request that
and we can see what can be done about it:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GUACAMOLE/issues

-Nick