guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Screen Recording and replay
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2018 12:38:13 GMT
On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:45 AM, Oliver.Zhan <zhangjianping@hikvision.com>
wrote:

> Why guacamole client do not support “Screen Recording and replay”?
>
> How can replay the record file with a suffix m4v?

The recordings are performed by guacd, not by the Guacamole Client, so you
have to find some way to retrieve them from the Guacamole Server host in
order to get them to play back.  There is an example project in the
Guacamole Client tree for playing back recordings:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/tree/master/doc/guacamole-playback-example

As far as converting to m4v, there's a program in the Guacamole Server code
called "guacenc" that will convert the recording into a video.  In order
for this binary to be built you need to have FFmpeg and its related
libraries installed, and you'll be able to encode the videos.  Once you
have the output from guacenc you can use FFmpeg or any other video
conversion tool of your choice to convert it into various formats.  There
is effort underway (JIRA issue and open pull request) to add support for a
variety of video output formats to guacenc.  I can't remember what the
default output format is at the moment, but it might be MPEG4.

-Nick