guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Steffen Plotner <swplot...@amherst.edu>
Subject RE: vnc sftp-root-directory
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2018 02:06:15 GMT
Hello Nick,

Thank you for the response. The question about the version of guacd is exactly the issue,
I was running guacd-0.9.13 and using the guacamole war files from 0.9.14.

I have fixed the version issue and it works correctly.

Steffen

Steffen Plotner                            Amherst College            Tel (413) 542-2348
Systems/Network Administrator/Programmer   PO BOX 5000                Fax (413) 542-2626
Systems & Networking                       Amherst, MA 01002-5000     swplotner@amherst.edu

From: Nick Couchman [mailto:vnick@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2018 6:47 PM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: vnc sftp-root-directory

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 15:48 Steffen Plotner <swplotner@amherst.edu<mailto:swplotner@amherst.edu>>
wrote:
Hello,

I like the feature of the sftp-root-directory (specifically ability to define what the current
working directory should be for a user). When testing with VNC+SFTP, I find the value of the
sftp-root-directory being ignored.

When you say "being ignored," what do you mean?  How is it behaving, and what are you expecting
it to do differently?

The value of the sftp-directory works correctly in terms of dropping a file onto the client
canvas, it uploads to that location.

Some clarification as I mentioned above would help, as it sounds to me like this is working
properly.

What version of guacamole server (guacd) are you running?  Can you post the output from running
guacd in debug mode and establishing the connection?

-Nick