guacamole-user mailing list archives

From "Asbern" <asber...@trainocate.com>
Subject RE: Adding widget in guacamole
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2018 06:12:06 GMT
Hi Mike,

In the link that you have given, it is mentioned to have a file called guac-manifest.json,
but we couldn’t find that file.

Is that file apache dependent? Because am using Nginx as a reverse proxy

FYI, my guacamole version is 0. 9.13

Best Regards,
A. Asbern

From: mike.jumper@guac-dev.org [mailto:mike.jumper@guac-dev.org] On Behalf Of Mike Jumper
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:28 AM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding widget in guacamole

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 10:00 PM, Asbern <asbern.a@trainocate.com> wrote:

Hi,

We want to add a internet speed testing widget code in the login page of Guacamole. Can you
please let us know where should we make this change to be done.

We tired to make change in the login.html page in the below path

/var/lib/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/app/login/templates/

But we cloud not find the changes are getting reflected in the login page.

Let us know the path where we need to make this change

The HTML of the webapp is cached at build time. Directly editing the contents of the webapp
after it has been deployed will not have any effect. Even if it did, this is bad practice:
such changes will not be stable across upgrades.

If you want to modify the HTML, you will need to leverage the HTML patching capabilities of
extensions:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html#ext-patch-html

- Mike