guacamole-user mailing list archives

From <Jeremy.Ha...@treasury.gov>
Subject RE: VPAT for Guacamole
Date Wed, 02 May 2018 15:18:01 GMT
There was additional guidance from our procurement folks.

Hi Jeremy,

To answer your question in short, no we do not have a process or procedure for requesting
a VPAT. Whomever your POC is for the software, within the vendor's office should be able to
point you in the right direction for requesting a VPAT. Moreover, a Voluntary Product Accessibility
Template (VPAT) is a vendor-generated document that provides relevant information on how a
vendor's product or service claims to conform to the Section 508 Standards, as part of the
Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).

If the vendor is unable to provide a VPAT, then an Accessibility Statement and/or 508 Compliance
Statement, on the company's letterhead, should be submitted with the requisition that provides
a very descriptive summary of the level of compliance of the product or service.

508 Program Office (IRAP)
IRAP Website: http://irap.web.irs.gov<http://irap.web.irs.gov/>
Reply to: *508 Requisition Review

From: Jeremy.Haber@treasury.gov<mailto:Jeremy.Haber@treasury.gov> [mailto:Jeremy.Haber@treasury.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2018 9:44 AM
To: *508 Requisition Review <508.requisition.review@irs.gov<mailto:508.requisition.review@irs.gov>>
Subject: Opensource software VPAT

Good Morning - Do you have a recommendation on how to request a VPAT for opensource software?
Usually Opensource software is created by a community through the internet but does not have
a legal department or a specific department that fills out the VPAT. I have sent to a general
open forum for Guacamole software, but wasn't sure if other requesters may have similar issues
with Opensource software.

----
Jeremy Haber
Business Operations
Enterprise Business Solutions
Office of the Chief Information Officer
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Office: 202-622-1385
Mobile: 202-286-8568
www.treasury.gov<http://www.treasury.gov/>

Jeremy Haber  |  Enterprise Business Solutions    | Office: 202-622-1385   | Mobile: 202-286-8568