guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@glyptodon.org>
Subject Re: Adding widget in guacamole
Date Wed, 30 May 2018 05:58:20 GMT
On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 10:00 PM, Asbern <asbern.a@trainocate.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We want to add a internet speed testing widget code in the login page of
> Guacamole. Can you please let us know where should we make this change to
> be done.
>

> We tired to make change in the login.html page in the below path
>

> /var/lib/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/app/login/templates/
>

> But we cloud not find the changes are getting reflected in the login page.
>

> Let us know the path where we need to make this change

The HTML of the webapp is cached at build time. Directly editing the
contents of the webapp after it has been deployed will not have any effect.
Even if it did, this is bad practice: such changes will not be stable
across upgrades.

If you want to modify the HTML, you will need to leverage the HTML patching
capabilities of extensions:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html#ext-patch-html

- Mike