guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@glyptodon.org>
Subject Re: Guac on Chromebook - No sound
Date Sun, 20 May 2018 03:06:47 GMT
On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 7:40 PM, Antony Awaida <antony@apporto.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> Getting ready for an important customer demo - need help.
>
> Setup guac 0.9.13 WIndows 2016.
>
> When we connect using a WIndows PC, or Mac OSX sound input and output work
> fine.
>
> When we use the same connection from a Chromebook or an iPad, no sound
> input or output.
>
> Questions:
>
> - Has anyone been able to get sound to work on Chromebook/iPad?

Chromebook should work fine. My daily machine has been a Chromebook /
Chromebox for several years now, as I do all my work over guac. I can't
speak to whether recent versions of iOS support audio (my test iPad is
ancient), but caniuse shows that it should:

https://caniuse.com/#feat=audio-api

All Guacamole needs for audio support is the Web Audio API.

- Mike