guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some VNC devices not rendering on IOS
Date Fri, 25 May 2018 16:31:22 GMT
On Fri, May 25, 2018, 08:08 tako <code@temple.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Not sure what exactly the problem is, but I have some devices that allow a
> connection over VNC. I am having problems with AMX touch panel (for
> automation/AV control) in a business environment.

What is AMX touch panel?

Works great in a desktop
> browser and Android Chrome. Now, I have an iPad & Phone as well, and I have
> connections that when opened...the connection is established, but all I see
> is a black screen. I am able to interact, I just can't see what I'm doing.

Have you tried connecting to the iOS device with a debugger to see whether
the browser is logging JavaScript errors?

Is the browser in question iOS Safari? What version of iOS? What version of
Guacamole?

I am able to open a Windows desktop (with a VNC server installed) just fine
> across all devices.
>
> I was wondering if it's related to resolution/scaling or something else. If
> there's any technical information or debugging I can do, that'd be great.

There shouldn't be any distinction between client devices as far as the VNC
server is concerned. I'm not sure what might be going on here, but there
isn't anything which could be browser-specific that would be visible to the
VNC server. There are browser- and platform-specific matters which the
client needs to deal with, but the VNC server always has the same client in
all cases (guacd), and the VNC server would see only guacd and the same
behavior regardless of what you're using the access Guacamole.

It's interesting that you're only seeing this with certain combinations,
but the cause must be something else.

- Mike