guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Connection history and recordings?
Date Wed, 30 May 2018 16:45:46 GMT
On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 1:05 AM, Joachim Lindenberg <joachim@lindenberg.one>
wrote:

> I am trying to understand what I need to do in my extension to enable
> connection-history and whether it is feasible to include the recordings
> there (i.e. some browser interaction rather than command line). So far I
> looked at
>
> http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/administration.html#connection-history
>
> http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html
>
> but I might miss a pointer.
>
> Also: is there any retention interval defined on these?
>
> Any hint?
>
> Thanks, Joachim

The biggest issue is that the recordings are generated by guacd, while the
extension is part of the Guacamole Client.  In order to integrate the two
you will need some way to couple the recordings on the guacd side with
whatever method you use to track them on the Guacamole Client side.

And, to answer your second question, neither guacd nor the Guacamole Client
currently enforce any retention interval on the recordings - there is no
setting for it, and it's up to you to keep them cleaned up.  Again, once
you have your extension written and you've found a way to connect the
recordings generated by guacd to the connections you may find it easier to
also implement a way to enforce retention.

-Nick