guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: debugging custom auth provider
Date Mon, 14 May 2018 16:29:23 GMT
On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 12:26 PM, WebE <rajeswar.khan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> For hmac extension and auth json extension I will provide more details in
> separate thread.
>
> Regarding debugging,
>
> I built the plug in by creating required folder structure & writing the
> code
> in plain text editor and then built using maven.
>
> What I would like to know if there is any tool/debugger/IDE setup that
> supports developing these extensions,  where we can get help form
> intellisense in writing code, or set a breakpoint and see what data is
> being
> received when a login request is sent to the auth provider?

I'm sure I'd be much more efficient if I looked into this, too, but I use
vi and log messages.  Eclipse has support for debugging Tomcat
applications, so you might check that out:

https://blogs.mulesoft.com/dev/tomcat-tcat-server/debugging-your-tomcat-webapp-with-eclipse/

Some of the other developers may have hints on the IDEs they use and how
they go about debugging.

-Nick