guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Custom page to show shared connection Guacamole
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2018 18:49:25 GMT
On Wed, Apr 4, 2018, 10:26 Neil Canham <neil.canham@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been working through understanding how Guacamole hangs together.
> Having tried out the connection sharing (using and RDP connection) via the
> out-of-the-box GUI, I have proceeded to extending the example html page and
> servlet example in the manual to create my own customised view.  All
> working well with VNC - so the obvious next question is how can I extend
> the example to show a shared RDP connection, assuming that I've got the
> link?

Just as it's your code that determines the details of the connection when
it's initially established, it's also your code that dictates how/if
connections are shared, and even if a concept like "share links" are
involved.

The ConfiguredGuacamoleSocket class provides a function called
getConnectionID() which returns the unique ID of the connection generated
by guacd at the time it was established. If you supply this value to
another instance of ConfiguredGuacamoleSocket that uses the same instance
of guacd, the resulting connection will share the original.

How you store/retrieve/track that ID, and when you choose to use such an ID
instead of creating a new connection, are entirely up to you.

- Mike