guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Guacadmin user attempts to open another users connection
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2018 17:24:51 GMT
On Fri, Apr 6, 2018, 10:20 Joseph L. Casale <jcasale@activenetwerx.com>
wrote:

> I have just setup the LDAP extension for auth and PGSQL for connection
> configuration. After setting up another user and configuring a single
> connection for that user, now when guacadmin logs in, it attempts to open
> the single connection for the new regular user?
>
> Any idea what I have configured wrong?

Nothing you did wrong, but a behavioral quirk that was recently addressed:

>From the above:

"If only one connection is available to the current user, Guacamole will
automatically connect to that connection instead of providing a home screen
with a connection list. This works well for normal users but causes
confusion for users with admin permissions, particularly when they have
just started using Guacamole and have just added their first connection.

The intent behind the automatic connection behavior is to direct the user
to the part of Guacamole most relevant. With this in mind, the current
behavior is not correct for administrative users who are expected to both
use and maintain connections, as automatically connecting makes accessing
administrative functions cumbersome.

If a user has admin permissions, they should not be automatically
connected, even if only one connection is available."

- Mike