guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Radius
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2018 02:00:55 GMT
On Mon, Apr 16, 2018, 17:04 Fertig, Brian <brian.fertig@philips.com> wrote:

> Gents,
>

>   So after some fooling around I got the radius auth with 2factor and
> mysql auth working the way I want.  Thanks for this project it so far
> rocks!  So couple questions is there a way to have the users cached from
> radius in the SQL database so I can assign permissions even though they
> come in via radius?

Not "cached", but yes. You will need to create users in the database with
the same usernames as the users authenticating via RADIUS. The MySQL auth
will provide access to the connections granted to those users when they
authenticate via any other installed auth extension, including RADIUS.

As well I was testing out an RDP connection and guacadmin is stuck trying
> to connect to it.. How do I keep him from when he logs in to automatically
> trying to connect to the RDP session?  I would like him to login and hit
> the admin panel.

This is a behavioral quirk that was recently addressed:

See also:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a884be13ba6d68e3c272203fc07896fb13d5941dc04852733fc7beb4@%3Cuser.guacamole.apache.org%3E

You can work around this for the time being by adding a second connection.

- Mike