guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Guacd terminates connection if idle for ~30 seconds
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2018 00:16:40 GMT
On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 4:16 PM, messido <mohammad.zbaker@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay so after trying multiple things out, I have come to some conclusions.
>
> 1) If i test locally, works fine and no disconnect happens
> 2) Only difference between my server and local machine is that server has
> SSL setup, am i supposed to be adding the key and cert into guac.conf?

No, you don't need to touch guacd.conf to configure SSL.

If your server already has SSL configured, then that's really all you need
to do. Assuming you've done this through a reverse proxy, you need to
configure your proxy to not buffer responses:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html

Or is that only if i'm using the guacamole-client

You are using guacamole-client. Even if you are building your own webapp
using the APIs, those APIs (guacamole-common and guacamole-common-js) are
parts of guacamole-client.

3) this.tunnel.connect(...) throws error on both local machine and server..

This statement doesn't make sense. The function "tunnel.connect()" runs
locally within the browser. Any error which it receives from the server
will be passed to tunnel.onerror, not thrown. If the server encounters an
error, that error is passed along in the HTTP (or WebSocket) response,
received by the client (browser), and ultimately translated into a
Guacamole.Status object and passed to tunnel.onerror.

catching error with "tunnel.onerror" throws an object with pretty much no
> information.. error.code = NaN, error.isError =
> Guacamole.Status/this.isError(), error.message = null..

Are you sure you're using the latest versions of both guacamole-common and
guacamole-common-js?

- Mike