guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Guacd terminates connection if idle for ~30 seconds
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2018 00:24:37 GMT
On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 4:45 PM, messido <mohammad.zbaker@gmail.com> wrote:

> Long story short; connection to host through guacd is working perfectly
> fine.. I'm using my own client to connect to guacd.. however if the "user"
> does not move the mouse/keyboard for ~30 seconds (idling) guacd will
> automatically terminate connection and log "ERROR: User is not responding".
>
> Is there a way to extend the timer? I'm assuming it's some type of session
> timeout? Even though connection is successfully created.

That timeout actually does not deal with user mouse/keyboard interaction.
On a healthy connection, the Guacamole client will be exchanging messages
back and forth with the server every few seconds. If something disrupts
that communication for 15+ seconds, then guacd will summarily close the
connection.

When you say your "own client", what are you referring to specifically? A
web application built off guacamole-common-js, etc.?

- Mike