guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: changing the URL/Port on the guacamole server
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2018 15:09:57 GMT
On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 11:05 AM, William Tyrell x1541 <wtyrell@tessy.com>
wrote:

> Nick,
>

> I copied the old guacamole.war file from /var/lib/guacamole and replaced
> it with ROOT.war. I then restarted the sevrer and I cannot browse to:
> X.X.X.X:8080/
>

> Thoughts?

Is /var/lib/guacamole where you have Tomcat pointed for the root webapps?
Usually it's somewhere like /var/lib/tomcat/webapps or something like that.

Also, there are a couple of other things you can try:
- Make sure the Tomcat webapps directory does not already have a "ROOT/"
directory in it.  If it does (re)move it.
- You can also change Tomcat's config to point specifically to a WAR file
for the root.  See the following post:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5328518/deploying-my-application-at-the-root-in-tomcat

-Nick

PS - Please reply to the mailing list with future e-mails and not to me
directly.  This keeps it out there so that the community can assist you,
and not just me...I don't have all...or even most...of the answers :-).